General Rules & Regulations
- Body Action Gym reserves the right to amend the rules and regulations from time to time and members, guests and/or occupants of the club should always familiarise themselves with the rules and regulations currently in force which may be found on Gym’s webpage www.bodyactiongym.co.za
- All members must ensure to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ) before using the Gym facilities. Please ensure to book a free PARQ and completed our Induction Program – it is your responsibility to book your PARQ and Induction at Reception (Gym’s office).
- All members to check with their healthcare provider before starting a new fitness program.
- It is recommended to warm up before exercise and cool down and stretch after any routine or workout.
- Should your status of your health change (acute pain, dizziness, sudden headache, or chest pain) it is your responsibility to inform us.
- Staying in shape during your pregnancy can reduce complications and speed recovery. Before you begin this or any exercise program, it is recommended that you consult your physician.
- Our operating hours are:
- Monday to – Thursday: 05h00 to 21h00.
- Friday: 05h00 to 20h00.
- Saturday / Sunday: 06h00 to 17h00.
- Public Holidays: 06h00 to 17h00.
- Pets (other than guide dogs) are not permitted.
- Firearms or any other weapons are not permitted.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted anywhere on the Gym’s premises.
- The taking of any photographs or videos are not permitted.
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed on the Gym’s premises.
- You may not sell and/or market any product or service to other members while in our Gyms.
- The use of Body Action Gym’s logo for promotional, marketing or advertising means is prohibited.
- The Gym has the right to photograph and/or video tape any Member via CCTV electronic operating devices for any security purposes in public areas.
- All members will be issued an access tag and/or fingerprint and a photo will be taken.
- Your own access tag and/or fingerprint must be used to access the Gym.
- Always use your access tag and/or fingerprint scan to enter the Gym.
- For your safety and ours, do not allow anyone else to enter the Gym using your access tag and/or fingerprint or open the door for other trainees to enter.
- Report lost or stolen access bands to avoid fraudulent use. If a new access band is required, it will be charged for.
- Access control will be blocked should your membership not be in good standing order.
Children’s Access Restrictions
- No children under the age of 14 (twelve) years will be allowed to access the Gym facilities.
- Children between the ages of 14 (twelve) years to 18 (seventeen) years may only use the cardio equipment and not the Free Weights.
- Standard Gym rates apply to children 14 (twelve) years and older.
- No children are allowed to play or run in or around the Gym facility or to play on or with the equipment.
- All Guests to sign the Guest Register/indemnity before accessing the Gym facilities.
- All guests to be always accompanied by the Gym member and or Sales Consultant.
- All guests must be over the age of 16 (sixteen) years.
- All guests to adhere to the Gym’s Rules at all times during visits.
- Suitable and appropriate exercise clothing must be worn at all times while exercising in the Gym.
- Please use a sweat towel at all times and use the disinfectant spray and paper towels available to wipe equipment after use.
- Bathroom hygiene and Etiquette - All members will cover their private parts when using the bathroom, e.g. whilst standing in front of mirrors or whilst applying body lotion.
- T-shirts/vests and closed footwear/sports shoes must be worn at all times.
Behaviour in the Gym
- Access is prohibited whilst under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or performance-enhancing drugs.
- No foul, loud, or abusive language, will be tolerated.
- You may not physically and or sexually and or verbally abuse or harass other members, guests, visitors, tenants, or members of staff.
- You may not commit any unhygienic or immoral act or acts which may cause offence, distaste, revulsion or abhorrence to other members, guests, visitors, tenants, or members of staff.
- You will be liable for any damage caused by you and/or your guests while on the Gym’s premises.
- Only one individual in a shower cubicle at any time.
- If unsure of the functionality of any equipment, the onus is upon the member to request assistance from a qualified staff member and or refrain from using such equipment.
- Parking is only for members and guests while using the Gym facilities.
- Park in designated parking area.
- Do not park in the disabled parking if you are not entitled to do so.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss, theft and/ or damage to vehicles and/or valuables left in vehicles or any other mode of.
Use of Lockers and Personal Belongings
- Subject to availability, changeroom and valuable lockers are provided in the changerooms to store your gear while you train. You will need to provide your own good quality padlocks (one for your valuables locker and or one for your locker in the changerooms)
- We do not undertake that the use of a locker or valuables locker will guarantee that theft of or damage to your property will not occur.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended or unlocked.
- Management reserves the right to open a locker, when there are reasonable grounds for suspecting that the search will turn up evidence that has violated or is violating either the law or the rules of the Gym.
- Any belongings left in a locker overnight, will be removed and will be available as lost property at the Gym.
- Lost property not collected within 14 (fourteen) days will be donated to a charity of the Gym’s choice if they are not collected.
- Ensure that your personal insurance policy covers you for loss of personal effects.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss or theft of money or loss or damage to personal property of members or their guests whether locked in a locker or otherwise.
Use of Equipment / Facilities
- Equipment and facilities are not to be abused, destroyed, defaced, and / or stolen.
- Please inspect equipment before use and do not use the equipment if it appears damaged.
- Please report damaged equipment immediately to a staff member.
- Never load the equipment with any additional weights other than as pre stacked by the manufacturer.
- When using any automated equipment, make sure the equipment has come to a complete stop before stepping onto or getting off it.
- Handle weights and equipment with care and replace after use.
- If you are unsure of how to use the equipment, ask a fitness qualified staff member to assist you.
- While training on the circuit please use the equipment in numerical order and move according to the timer.
- Please observe the time limits if specified on equipment.
- No food, drinks or bags are allowed on the training floor, except for plastic water bottles, sports drinks, and shakes.
- Class timetables and instructors may change from time to time without notice. Please check the Gym’s notice boards for all the latest details.
- Check class schedules that may require to be pre-booked or may have maximum headcounts.
- All Gym class schedules is available on the Gym’s website and or notice boards.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the class as you may not be allowed to join the class if late.
- Ensure that you have warmed up.
- It is your responsibility to inform your instructor of any injuries, illness, or pregnancy before commencing such activities.
- For your own protection, wear protective gear, hand wraps and gloves when participating in contact sports.
- Only authorised Body Action Gym Personal Trainers are permitted to provide personal training in our Gym.
- Authorised Personal Trainers information is available on our Gym website and or notice board.
- Personal training by another members is not allowed whether it is for payment or not.
- Should we find someone providing unauthorised personal training, the Gym’s General Manager will conduct a full inquiry which could result in you and the trainer being expelled or suspended.
- Personal Trainers are not employees of the Gym but independent contractors to the Gym.
- The Gym has no control over Personal Trainers who terminate their affiliation with the Gym. If a Personal Trainer is no longer affiliated with the Gym for whatever reason, the Gym will endeavour to assist the member by re-allocating same to an alternative Personal Trainer at the Gym’s sole discretion.
Changeroom & Steam Room
- If you are over the age of 65, pregnant or suffer from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure or any other serious medical condition you are advised not to use the steam room.
- Shower before entering the steam room.
- Sit on a towel when using the steam room.
- Observe a reasonable time limit. Do not use the facilities for longer that 15 (Fifteen) minutes per session.
- Never use oils, creams, or cosmetic products in the steam room.
- Never shave or exfoliate in the steam room.
- While using the changeroom and or steam room, please keep yourself covered by wearing a costume or cover your body with a towel.
- Do not bring any electronic equipment into the steam room.
- Please be considerate and keep the benches clear for other Members requiring access to bench space in the changerooms.
- Do not tamper with fire doors or any safety devices.
- Please follow the health and safety notices displayed throughout the Gym.
- During an emergency, always follow the staff’s instructions.
- Do not run in the Gym, except in dedicated areas.
- Be aware of the different floor surfaces that you move across as you walk through the Gym.
- Ongoing cleaning and maintenance will take place, related tools and equipment may be hazardous, and some floor surfaces may be wet and therefore slippery. Proceed with caution in these areas.
- Please report all injuries/incidents and/or any hazards to a staff member.
- Memberships annual increase shall take effect on each 1 April by an 10% increase of agreed membership fee.
- When expiry date of membership is reached, membership will be continued on a month to month basis until a Calendar month written confirmation is received of cancellation of membership.
- Sufficient cause for cancellation of the agreement shall be in the Gym's sole and exclusive discretion.
- We reserve absolute discretion when approving membership applications and reserve the right of entry onto the Gym’s premises.
- Upon damage being inflicted by the member to any such gym equipment, furniture, facilities and / or fittings, the Gym shall provide the Member with the replacement or repair costs quote to replace or repair.
- Complaints should be made to the Gym via email to email@example.com.
Freezing your Membership
- The Gym’s membership may be frozen for a Maximum period of 2 (two) months due to Medical or Travel reasons.
- Proof of your Travel arrangements or Medical Conditions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with your accompanying letter or email, stating the reason to Freeze your membership.
- Freezing will not apply during the June/July or December Holidays.
Non-Payment of the Membership
- Non-payment of monthly membership fee will cause your access to the Gym to be suspended, until such time when your membership is paid up to date via cash deposit or EFT into the Body Action Gym’s Account and the member has provided sufficient proof of such payment/s to the Gym.
- Unpaid debit order will be re-debited after the grace period of not less than 15 days of debit order date.
Transferring of your Membership
- The Gym does not allow memberships to be transferred; if you wish to cancel, an early cancelation fee will be applicable.
Early Cancellation and Penalty Fee
- On early cancelation a Penalty Fee of 40% may be charged on the remainder of your membership duration as per the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- The Early Cancelation Fee Proof of Payment must be sent to email@example.com.
- A Calendar Month Notice will be required upon an Early Cancelation.
Waiver and Release
- Body Action Gym will not be liable for death, injury, loss or damage suffered by me through or contributing to by any cause whatsoever including but not limited to, any negligent (including gross negligent) act and/or omission or breach of contract on the part of the Gym, its directors, employees, contractors, independent consultants or other members(s);
- The Gym premises will invariably be entered and exited (inclusive of the parking areas) entirely at my own risk and that the Gym equipment and facilities will, furthermore, be utilized on this very same basis.
- The Gym would not be vicariously liable for any loss or damage suffered by me and/or other member(s) as a result of theft on the part of its employees, independent contractors, consultants, or other member(s).
- In the process of becoming a member of Body Action Gym, I and/or my estate, furthermore, indemnified the Gym against any claim by any person arising directly or indirectly from my death, injury, loss or damage suffered by a member, allegedly caused or contributed to any act or omission by the Gym, its directors, employees, contractors, consultants and agents.
Should you wish to give us feedback for whatever reason you can do so by