Making pizza healthy doesn’t sound simple. We know that you stick to healthy foods and monitor your water intake. We also understand that it’s not easy every day, but that’s okay. Which is why we are offering you 5 simple ways to make eating pizza healthy.
1. Whole-Grain Crust
If you want to make your own crust, we have you covered.
- 1 packet of dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Whisk yeast, sugar and water together and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Place both measures of flour and salt in a bowl and use and electric beater to beat the yeast mix in. Add your olive oil. Make sure to beat on low and slowly increase the speed. Beat the mixture until the dough has formed a large ball.
- Allow it to rise for one hour, then it’s ready to use.
2. Use just a little cheese
Don’t use a heavy hand when applying the cheese. In this case, less is more.
Veggies are healthy, always. Add some to your pizza!
4. Choose healthy toppings!
Yes, this is possible and can be paired up nicely with your veggies. Take them into consideration. Try toppings like leaner meats, like meats with less fat. Here are a few great combos for you to try make:
- Chicken, avo, sundried tomato
- Spinach, red pepper and chicken
- Olives, green pepper, mushroom
5. Pay attention to your portions
Just because it’s a healthy pizza doesn’t mean it should be eaten whole. Try share your pizza slices with your family.